Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Day Negative 7

Ok, we are officially moving on down the road now.

Yesterday, we did all of the final pre-transplant tests.  Nothing major.  We also were able to get her CVC dressing changed for the first time.  I thought maybe you would like to see a little graphic detail.


She always wanted bigger eyelashes.  These actually coordinate with her mask. 


This is the central venous catheter, with three lumens.

What a Hottie!
So today we went for more blood work and a meeting with Dr. Shah.  Everything is looking good, and the expectation is extremely favorable.  It took a while to get all the orders in place, but she moved into her new abode around 4 o'clock.



More Q & A sessions, taking vitals, etc.  Not the Ritz, but it will be home for both of us for a while.

Now the hard part (as if all of this isn't hard) starts for me.  I need to juggle work, home, and being there as much as I can while still staying sane.  Our neighbors are the best you could hope for, and will watch over things while I'm gone.  But, I still need to come home often to check for myself, wash clothes, pay bills, fix some care packages so I don't have to pay for the hospital food, and probably some stuff I can't think of right now.

It's OK, though.  I can be a tough cookie when I need to be and now is one of those times.

Keep the thoughts and prayers coming.  I'll try to fill in the gaps when Tamara can't.  Be forewarned though, she plans on trying to blog every day.



1 comment: