Saturday, February 4, 2012

Starting out...

We've been on this little trip since the end of August, 2011. I don' t want to repeat everything Tamara has already said, so you'll just have to look at her blog for all of the gory details.

My intent here is to give the view from the passenger seat. I get to drive sometimes, but the perspective remains the same.

Caregiver...that's what they call me now. But I'm not sure that I really care for the title to only be associated with our fight against leukemia. When we love someone, we should be a "caregiver", whether they are sick or in perfect health.

I'm thinking that I'll call myself her "Navigator" instead. After all, isn't that a more appropriate title? I need to review the trip plan, assess the proper route, digest the information in the charts, advise when the turbulence is present, keep us on track, take over when the captain is unable to proceed, and make sure we reach our final destination.

Navigator, that's me.

3 comments:

  1. Nice to hear from you Paul. You're a good guy and a wonderful husband. Take care. XXOO

    ReplyDelete
  2. Paul - just found your blog - I kept reading about Tamara's references to your posts and I never saw any of your posts on her blog...I'm a little slow but I finally get there - or here...

    I'm Paul Pavao's (The Thrilled to Death guy) wife. And I LOVE turning in the "Caregiver" job title for Navigator!

    Once, early on, as I was trying to get Paul to rest more, I threatened to start a blog entitled, "You're Killing Me!" -- to go along with his "Thrilled to Death" blog...

    Post when you can. There will be many who enjoy reading your perspective as well!

    ReplyDelete